August 30, 2016

"Allure" Layout - VIDEO TUTORIAL

Hello everyone! Today I have a layout to share with you titled "Allure".  I also made a video tutorial, and you can find it at the end of this blog post.


The first set shows my layout with my camera's flash on while the second set shows my layout without the flash.


The camera's flash really brings out the Golden Glass Bead Gel's shine and the Blue Fern Studios Imagine Ink "Watermelon" glitter.


Before I go any further, I want to share this strange coincidence that happened when I began this layout... 

While working on the background, I decided "spur of the moment" to use my knife to apply gesso - one of my goals is to one day be able to create the sorts of backgrounds that Lisa Griffith makes in many of her layouts. I have tried so many times on scrap paper, yet I haven't had the guts to just try  it on an actual layout until this one. Right after I did that part of the video, I took a break, went on facebook, and saw that Lisa will be designing for 13@rts! You can see Lisa's first 13@rts layout using the Aura Rosa collection here. So congratulations to Lisa for being the new addition to the 13@rts DT.  (Now three of my most favorite mixed media artists design for 13@rts!)

Anyhow, here are pictures of my layout without my camera's flash:





Here is a list of some of the products I used:

  • 13@rts Aura Rosa Collection - "Blue Roses" paper and "Spring Flowers" paper
  • The Crafter's Workshop Stencil - "Mini Victorian Sketchbook"
  • Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - "Stripes"
  • Golden Modeling Paste
  • Golden Glass Bead Gel
  • Liquitex Basics Acrylic Gesso
  • Liquitex Clear Gesso
  • StazOn Ink Pad - "Jet Black"
  • Finnabair Clear Stamp - "Read to Me"
  • Blue Fern Studios Imagine Ink Glitter - "Watermelon"
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Color Shot - "My Mojito Green"
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray - "Midnight Rendezvous Raven"
  • Prima Wire Thread - "Stark White"
  • Prima Salvage District Flower

And now for the video tutorial. I hope you enjoy! Have a wonderful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment