August 22, 2016

"Proud" Layout - VIDEO TUTORIAL

This is my newest layout titled "Proud" and it is my entry for the 13@rts challenge for August, 2016.

scrapbook layout video tutorial mixed media 13@rts 13arts August 2016

At the end of my blog entry, I posted a video tutorial (in fast-forward) if you are interested to see how I made the background. 

Here is the challenge board for the 13@rts challenge, and the theme is "Bling Bling":


The first picture of my layout and the next two photos were taken with my camera's flash on - it really brings out the glitter and sparkle in the layout:

scrapbook layout video tutorial mixed media 13@rts 13arts August 2016

The Golden Glass Bead Gel with glitter gave my layout just the sort of "bling" I was trying to achieve for the layout.

scrapbook layout video tutorial mixed media 13@rts 13arts August 2016

I was really excited to use the 13@rts paper that I ordered from their online store! I have wanted to use their paper for a while now, and I am so glad I finally decided to order some of their collections. For this layout I chose to use the 13@rts Out of the Blue Collection - "Pink Flowerets" paper for my background. 

The next set of pictures were taken without my camera's flash.

scrapbook layout video tutorial mixed media 13@rts 13arts August 2016

scrapbook layout video tutorial mixed media 13@rts 13arts August 2016

scrapbook layout video tutorial mixed media 13@rts 13arts August 2016

scrapbook layout video tutorial mixed media 13@rts 13arts August 2016

List of Products:
  • 13@rts Out of the Blue Collection - "Pink Flowerets"
  • BoBunny Soiree Collection - "Soiree Boutique" (distressed papers under the picture)
  • 13@rts Aura Rosa Collection - "Spring Flowers" (the tag behind the picture painted with Prima's Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint - Opal Magic - "Pink-Blue")
  • To make the title:
    • Silhouette Portrait - I designed the title and cut it out 3 times and glued them together (my homemade chipboard)
    • Canson Mixed Media Paper (138 lb.) 
    • Versamark pen with white embossing powder and Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder in "Desert Moon Turquoise"
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray - "Bodacious Blush"
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray - "Pretty in Pink Pink"
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Color Shot - "Fuzzy Navel Peach"
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Color Shot - "Blue Hawaiian Blue"
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio Spray - "Pink Ladies Pink"
  • Ranger Distress Paint - "Picket Fence"
  • Ranger Distress Spray Stain - "Dusty Concord"
  • StazOn Ink Pad - "Jet Black"
  • Ranger Archival Ink Pad - "Deep Purple"
  • Prima Salvage District Cling Stamps
  • Prima Finnabair Clear Stamp - "Read to Me"
  • Prima Clear Stamp Epiphany Collection
  • Blue Fern Studios Flowers - "Attic Charm Daisies"
  • Prima Flowers - Valentina Collection - "Simona" (the glitter heart by the picture)
  • Wild Orchid Crafts roses (they were white but I painted them navy blue)
  • DecoArt Americana stencil - "Pixelated"
  • Liquitex Basics Acrylic Gesso, Liquitex Clear Gesso, Golden Matte Gel Medium, Golden Glass Bead Gel
Here is the video tutorial, and I hope you enjoy it! Thank you for taking a look at my layout today! :-)


7 comments:

  1. Very positive layout!:) Thank you for joining in with our Bling challenge over at 13@rts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Jessica, you used those papers so very beautifully, and I love the glamor and sparkle, so perfect for that sweet photo :) I'm off to watch your video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the link to the video where I *attempted* to use my knife for my background...
      http://mixedmediamemories.blogspot.com/2016/08/allure-layout-video-tutorial.html
      It's funny because I was nervous and the hesitation shows in the video. :-) I need more practice. But I appreciate all of your inspirational work!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful page! Thank you for joining in with our Bling challenge over at 13@rts xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I look forward to see what the next one is!

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous, Jessica! My style is so different than yours, but that's part of what makes me so excited to look at other people's work (and usually thinking, wow, I could never do that...) Brilliant! Have a great holiday weekend! Carrie

    ReplyDelete