April 04, 2017

Scraps of Darkness Vintage Mixed Media Layout #2 for March - "Boys will be Boys"

Hello guys and gals! I am here today with my second layout for the March, 2017 Scraps of Darkness "Boys will be Boys" Kit.

Scraps of Darkness Masculine Vintage Mixed Media Layout

The picture I used is a vintage photo of my grandfather and one of his buddies when he was a young man. They were driving around and put their heads out the windows, so I thought it really portrayed the "Boys will be Boys" theme for March.

Believe it or not, this is my first attempt at using a large chipboard title on a layout. It was a challenge to figure out how I would design my layout and how I would paint the background, but I absolutely love challenges!


I began with one of the Blue Fern Studios Chesterville Collection papers included in the "Boys will be Boys" main kit to begin my background. In addition to the title chipboard, I also used one of the Blue Fern Studios Splattered Arrows chipboard from the Elements Add On kit and tucked it around the top picture so the arrow points at the guys (I know the old photo makes it slightly tough to notice that anyone is even in the car, so the arrow was perfect for this).


From the main kit, I used the BoBunny Life In Color Collection Misc. Me Journaling Cards under my pictures, Mini Screw Head Brads to make the pleats in my fabric (I love not having to sew), and the Lindy's Stamp Gang Oktoberfest Orange Magicals Shaker spritzed with water on my background.



I also had fun using the "Boys will be Boys" Elements Add On kit. I used some of the BoBunny Life In Color Clear Stickers, Echo Park Petticoats & Pinstripes Boy Words Decorative Tape, and the Carabelle Studio Circle Collage Cling Stamp. 

Visit the Scraps of Darkness online store to see the gorgeous monthly main kits and the many add on kits available - not to mention all of the other merchandise that scrapbookers and mixed media artists need!


"Boys will be Boys" Scraps of Darkness Main Kit for March, 2017


"Boys will be Boys" Scraps of Darkness Elements Add On Kit for March, 2017

Hopefully I was able to give some inspiration today! I know I had fun trying some new techniques for this layout. As always, any questions, comments, and suggestions are appreciated. Constructive criticism is okay with me :-) I like to brainstorm with others. 

T.T.F.N. - Ta' Ta' For Now!

~Jessica McFall~

No comments:

Post a Comment